Wi-Fi connection issue
SLD82309

With the latest system update, when I try to connect to Wi-Fi, I'm not asked for a username, only a password so I cannot connect to Wi-Fi. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Wi-Fi connection issue
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

What type phone do you have?

0 Likes
SLD82309

Galaxy S7 Edge

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

There has been a lot of issues with wifi on the s 7 edge even before the last update. You can try settings-backup and reset and try reset network settings. I would also go into settings -wifi-3 dots on the right hand side and go to advanced and make sure everything in there is set to the same settings that you had before the update. Also did you clear the cache partition in recovery mode after the last update?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to connect to WIFI is crucial. I am sorry to learn that you are having trouble. Are you still not being prompted to enter in a password? Please do the following http://vz.to/2nsK2zi. The Device Health Check is used to fix common issues with your phone. Once ran please pay special attention to anything with a red or yellow exclamation mark. Please keep us posted of your findings. 

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ? Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SLD82309

The link you provided gives me an error. I can type in a password, but I

need to be able to type in a username in order for some of my wi-fi

connections to work.

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 11:28 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes