WiFi Issues on Samsung S8+
ROCKSWEETI

A couple of nights ago, I got home and my phone tried to connect to my home wifi.  An alert popped up that said something to the effect of someone was attempting to hack it and could listen to conversations and asked if I would like to disconnect from the network or stay connected.  I disconnected. Since then, the phone acts like it wants to connect to the wifi but then almost immediately disconnects.  All other devices in the house are connecting fine to the wifi.  I'm using it as I type now.  I have tried restarting, forgetting the network, safe mode start, anything that I can think of short of a hard reset, which I would love to avoid if possible.  Is there anything that might be triggering this to turn off?  I have also ran antivirus to see if there was something there and didn't find anything.  Help?

0 Likes
Re: WiFi Issues on Samsung S8+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROCKSWEETI-

It is troubling to learn about your experience and I know how beneficial it is to be able to connect to WIFI. To help us isolate the issue, have you attempted other WIFI networks to see if it's just your home WIFI you cannot connect to?  Did you install any new apps around the time it happened?

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lbra2

How did you fix it?

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Are you using the security app from Verizon? If you are it may be the app blocking your wifi.

If you open the app just tell it to ignore the block on your home wifi.This is one of the problems they had with

the new update of the security app and I din't think they fixed it yet.

0 Likes