Wifi Calling drops call after a few minutes
ccoarsey
Enthusiast - Level 2

My galaxy s7 edge has been dropping calls while on wifi calling since the update to nougat.  My most recent test shows that the call was able to stay connected for 2 minutes and then dropped and said "wifi connection lost call ended."  The wifi connection was not lost.  The phone worked flawlessy on the wifi calling prior to the Nougat update.  I have no cell signal in my office so I need the wifi calling in order to be able to use my cell phone in my office.  I have gone as far as factory resetting the phone and that did not solve the problem.  Has anyone successfully used wifi calling on nougat for more than a few minutes?  I have the same problem as this post What can I do to fix calls being dropped after last update on Samsung S7 Edge?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wifi Calling drops call after a few minutes
bearone21
Legend

you might have a poor wi-fi connection.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ccoarsey
Enthusiast - Level 2

I rebooted into safe mode to see if the results were any different and the call dropped after 3 minutes.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you might have a poor wi-fi connection.

0 Likes
ccoarsey
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wifi signal is fine.  I can use my iPad in the exact same location to FaceTime all day long with no problem. This is a problem that started after the update to nougat.  There is a problem with the nougat update on my phone that has affected the wifi calling. Performing a factory reset did not fix the problem.  When I was on marshmallow the wifi calling worked flawlessly.