Wifi calling icon
Deltabreeze
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone.  Today it did an update.  On that update it put the wifi calling icon on my home screen. I don't have wifi calling.  How can I remove that icon?  It makes it look like I have a miss call when I don't.  Most annoying!

0 Likes
Re: Wifi calling icon
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You mean at teh top of the screen next to the time etc? I'm sure you have wi-fi calling enabled. Just go into teh settings and shut it off.

0 Likes
GRABRU12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. I just did my update & the icon is at the upper left like you have a missed call.  It has not been enabled because this is a new feature. Every time you select cancel, the icon still shows up.  Might be going to a Verizon store in the morning.

Good luck!

boringusername
Master - Level 1

wi-fi calling is hardly a new feature. That phone came with it form the start. Go in the settings and change it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to fully utilize all the updates with your phone, Deltabreeze. When you click on the wifi calling notification, you will set up the feature with your phone. Once it is activated, the notification will go away. If you don't want to use this feature, once it is activated, simply turn it off in your settings. Here are those steps: http://spr.ly/6583Dm3sz.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Deltabreeze, having unwanted icons on your home screen is an inconvenience we don't want you to have. We will be happy to assist you in removing the Wi-Fi icon from the home screen. Boringusername asked a great question. Where on the home screen does the Wi-Fi calling appear? To turn Wi-Fi on and off, please follow these steps.
To activate/Disable Wi-Fi Calling:
1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps.
2. Tap Settings > Advanced Calling.
3. Tap Activate Wi-Fi Calling

Please let us know if the steps I provided helped.

-Jacob_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
GRABRU12, thank you and everyone for connecting with us via the Verizon community. Do not worry we are here to provide support. I want to make sure that we are all on the same page when it comes to the available features on your phone.  Can you tell me what is the make and model of your phone? Have you tried turning the Wi-Fi calling feature off?

Ralph_VZW

0 Likes
GRABRU12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot disable something that was not on my phone. Verizon tech support answered me properly by reading our question.  I had to INSTALL this "feature" that you say is NOT new but it WAS on MY phone.  Now since I have installed it, i was able to turn that feature off

0 Likes
GRABRU12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much!

Installed & then I it turned off!

Icon is gone...easy peasy!!

0 Likes
GRABRU12
Enthusiast - Level 2

BTW, I did not see where I could check correct answer but YES!! This IS the correct answer!

0 Likes