android 10 update?
estipor

Is there a timeline for the Android 10 update on the galaxy s10e?

thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: android 10 update?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

VzW doesn't announce updates until they're released.  Once released, you can find it here:

Samsung Galaxy S10e Updates

0 Likes
estipor

Thx.  

Ill ask it another way, how far behind is Verizon typically behind Google in their Android OS UPDATES

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung writes the code for the updates not Verizon Wireless. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There isn't a specific date given for the next update. However, here is a link for the latest update information.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s10-e-update/

VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes
davidurface

@Ann154 wrote:

Samsung writes it and releases it to their unlocked phones. They then send it to carriers such as verizon where they will write in all their bloatware and garbage that you cant erase and control what settings you can access and then Verizon is the one who acutally pushes it out to the users. In the end it is Verizon themselves that are responsible for the even longer wait time and slow release. My factory unlocked s10e that I bought from samsung is already running android 10

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@davidurface wrote:

@Ann154 wrote:

Samsung writes it and releases it to their unlocked phones. They then send it to carriers such as verizon where they will write in all their bloatware and garbage that you cant erase and control what settings you can access and then Verizon is the one who acutally pushes it out to the users. In the end it is Verizon themselves that are responsible for the even longer wait time and slow release. My factory unlocked s10e that I bought from samsung is already running android 10

That is incorrect on so many levels. The carrier specific software is sent to the manufacturer to be added to update. The carrier doesn't touch the update code. Even after manufacturer sends the code to the carriers for testing, the carriers don't touch it. 

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/11/29/samsung-android-10-roadmap/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes