android.banker D-Mat com.verizon.obdm virus spyware trojan what the heck is this and do i need it?
cxshoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

1.jpg

need to know if its ok to remove this or not.  thanks. 

Re: android.banker D-Mat com.verizon.obdm virus spyware trojan what the heck is this and do i need it?
Tidbits
Legend
Re: android.banker D-Mat com.verizon.obdm virus spyware trojan what the heck is this and do i need it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your information remains safe. When did you first see this message? Have you installed any new applications just before this happened? If you have some form of Virus protection application, now would be a good time to run a scan. Please keep us updated to ensure everything is okay.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
d0x360
Enthusiast - Level 3

DMAT comes on everything Verizon and it's malware.  There is a *virus" also called DMAT that can steal information but the pre-installed Verizon DMAT service should be removed with ADB as soon as possible. 

0 Likes
Re: android.banker D-Mat com.verizon.obdm
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing that you may have a virus on your device is concerning,  We are here for you and want to help you with this matter.  Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can discuss? *Lisa

0 Likes
tommccurdysr

What is ADB? 

0 Likes
Re: android.banker
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your questions answered. 

Android Debug Bridge (ADB) is a versatile command-line tool that lets you communicate with a device. A search engine search (e.g., google, etc.) will provide more info about ADB. 

Any form of spyware is not the experience we want for you. Are you experiencing this from your mobile device, home PC, laptop, or another device?  We'd like to help you in any way we can.

-Robert C.

0 Likes