Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
battery drain on s6
ZORRO4122
Enthusiast - Level 2

Battery has been draining to zero in hours on s6. Read that Oculus may be the problem , is force stop adequate to fix issue?

Thanks

Re: battery drain on s6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out with to us with this question, ZORRO4122. The Oculus was originally made for the S8 and S9 which do have a considerable difference in battery quality. This would make sense that this device would have issues keeping up, I would definitely suggest to proceed with the force stop.

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
BRUENG2
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's the software update. Just got another yesterday and here we go again. It took 11 days to stop doing it last time.

ZORRO4122
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the confirmation.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ZORRO4122, we truly understand the importance of making sure you have a reliable battery for your device. Force stopping your applications can help save some battery life but we want to make sure that we gather more clues to find the root cause of the battery drainage. Can you please let us know if you are still utilizing the original charger that came with your device? Also, have you downloaded any new applications on your device during the time you noticed the battery was draining quickly?

Sylvia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ZORRO4122
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the original charger and have not downloaded anything new. I originally had 4 apps which did not appear to impact battery drop.

I did note that my wifi connection keeps dropping out constantly. Is this a problem?

Read on line others have had similar issues with upgrades.

Thank you

Peter