Re: bluetooth - wireless issues with samsung S4 due to Android 4.2.2 ?
Reneplante
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted Samsung Chat this morning and after the discussion about the Galaxy S4 not working with my heart rate monitor and my Nikon WU-1a wifi transmitter I was told that the S4 was not designed to work with the blue tooth and wifi devices even though other products like my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 does work with them.  So basically she said that there is no solution with the S4.

0 Likes
Reneplante
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted Samsung Support this morning and after a lengthy chat I was told that the S4 does not support wifi or most other bluetooth devices like my exercises heart rate monitor even though my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 does support them.And yes I did upgrade (sic) to the 4.3 version

0 Likes
trkrhelp

I have a Galaxy S4 and after the upgrade to 4.3 my Bluetooth doesn't work with my music, the phone starts playing music after my primary phone (an iPhone 5) hangs up from a call and the phone has become mostly useless. This is a major problem with the Galaxy S4 and I would advise against purchasing one until Samsung or Verizon gets this straightened out. We obviously have a serious glitch in the phones software somewhere. I tried the suggestion above for starting it in safe mode but that was no help. I purchased this to be my main phone and replace my iPhone - I'm now back to using the iPhone as my primary phone as the Galaxy simply does not work adequately to be usable as a primary phone.

VERIZON - anyone home? Anyone listening. I have a $650/mo account, and we have two Galaxy phones that are mostly useless, are causing missed calls and other issues for us. You need to RECALL these defective phones or offer those who were duped into purchasing them a free upgrade to something that works!

0 Likes
JBHall2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

About a week ago, my Motorola Oasis Bluetooth headset started acting up with my Galaxy S4 runing v4.3 Android.  I would either make or answer calls with the headset enabled and a few seconds into the call, the phone drops into speaker mode but the headset "button" is still enabled even though the headset was not working.  I can push the Speaker and Headset "buttons" to get the headset back, but not always.  More often than not, I'm stuck in Speaker mode.

This morning I was on a call without the headset and it "magically" dropped into speaker mode.  I made sure to notice that I hadn't touched the screen with my fingers or cheek, so I know that is not the problem. 

I'm starting to think there is something wrong with the phone application and not the headset.  But the problem manifests itself most often with the headset.  I have rebooted the phone and re-paired the headset with the phone, but I cannot get this odd behavior to stop.  Based on what I've read here, this is not an isolated issue with Bluetooth.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JBHall2012. Sorry to hear of the Bluetooth issues that you are experiencing with your S4 and the Oasis headset. We want to see you being able to get the most from your phone, and your accessories. Not sure if you have, but have you tried the helpful tip that Sunz139 suggested? Let us know if this helps!

Thank you JBHall2012, Sunz139, and everyone that has contributed!

NicandroN_VZW

VZW Support

Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JBHall2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll give that a try.

In the meantime.  I saw this behavior yesterday at the hotel I'm staying.  When the hotel wireless required a new logon, my Bluetooth headset dropped.  If I shut off Wi-Fi I seemed to be fine.  However, later in the day, I made a call without my Bluetooth headset and with the Wi-Fi off and the phone would occasionally drop into Speaker mode.

0 Likes
Reneplante
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK Folks lets get serious and tell the truth...Samsung does not plan on doing any improvements or plan on fixing any problems with the Galaxy S4 because they are introducing the Galaxy S5 (shown at Electronics show in Barcelona).

Samsung is famous for this.  My first smart phone was a Samsung and after changing twice because they didn't work I switched to iPhone.  I have since gone back to the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014.  the 10.1 Note works fine but the S4 still has many bluetooth and wifi problems.  I am now ready to leave Samsung and Verizon because of the coverups and incompetence in admitting a problem or doing anything about it.  They just keep asking questions and do nothing except when the Samsung service (sic) rep said that they are not aware of the bluetooth problems and there is no plan to do anything.

Reneplante
Enthusiast - Level 2

Duplicate post - please see:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1060738#1060738

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks, JBHall2012!
What happened when you tested it? Keep us posted.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Reneplante
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can you say that.  There is a problem with the S4.  I have one and my wife has one and they both have the same problems  and her's doesn't have the additional apps my S4 has.  You people are just not telling the truth.  Even Samsung stated that there is a problem but they have not schedule to fix it on the S4. 

0 Likes