bootloader unlock. oem fastboot enable, and fastboot turned back on for the note 10+
elphias
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am requesting that the bootloader, oem unlock toggle, and fastboot be re enabled.

look i paid good money for my cellphone, only to find that yes, it voids the warrenty, trips knox, and makes some programs unsuable, ok cool. the excuse you gave me for not wanting to unlock my bootloader was that i did not own the software on the phone, just the hardware it's self. ok i can deal with that. i'll remove the verizion fattend firmware thats on here, and exchange it for another unlocked carrer less OEM firmware from samsung (yes you can actually do that) but in order to do that, i need 2 things to happen. 1) need to be able to unlock the bootloader and the OEM unlock toggle switch in developer options. 2) enable the fastboot commands to work. once i get those things i can remove YOUR software, and INSTALL mine.

what you are doing by locking the bootloader and disableing root is stifiling the free exchange of ideas between programmers and devlopers, and stifling inovation that would help the end user out in the end.

it's the equivilent of buying a ferrari and being told by the dealer that you may not modify the motor, or the color or the shape of the car though you just bought it. does that seem fair to you?

the body of the car in this case is MY note 10+ your software is the equivilant of the cars motor.

your basically telling me i can't modify my car because you own certain things about the car even though i paid for it. somehow in this case i don't see alot of people buying ferrari's.

here's what i'd like to have happen. i'd like to remove YOUR software from MY phone,

i want to be able to install a non carrier branded os on the phone (and don't tell me its not possible. i got a note 4 to show you that would prove that.) so that i can install my own firmware and recovery. i don't NEED your software. i can use unbranded samsung OEM firmware straight from samsung servers, but again in order to do that i need you all to allow me to remove YOUR software from my phone, seeing as that was your techs argument. i own the phone not the software. well then take your software back and let me keep my phone, i have all the tools needed to do what i want. i just don't have the right user permissions ON THE PHONE I PAID FOR!!!!!

if you pay as much as i am for the note 10+ you'd want the whole shebang not just bits and peaces of it under your control. so please verizon guys let me have the ability to have root on MY phone?

you don't want to give me ownership over my software to remove yours? thats kinda dumb don't you think?

and obviously by how i am talking here i know quite alot about rooting and modding phones, it's not hard, and in the end it does what? remove some control you have over whats on my phone and how i can use it? dosen't seem right. i paid for my house....i can modify it however i see fit, your cellphone should be the same way. you buy it, it's yours. i know it voids the warrenty, i know that it trips KNOX to do all of this, does it look like i care? no.

so please take into consideration my request, i'd really appriciate it.

elphi

Labels (1)
Re: bootloader unlock. oem fastboot enable, and fastboot turned back on for the note 10+
Ppayne
Enthusiast - Level 1

i second this motion. If this is part of a contract signed by the user. I challenge that this goes against consumer rights. Furthermore, this makes it obvious that the company is choosing to monopolize how consumer data traffic is handled. For example, removing the ability of users to remove apps like Facebook. 

Re: bootloader unlock. oem fastboot enable, and fastboot turned back on for the note 10+
lyonster89
Enthusiast - Level 3
Xoner30577
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also agree I paid good money for the phone Note 10 + and also am a software developer and was blown away when j couldnt unlock bootloader or use fast boot let alone root due to the previous items mentioned being needed to root and use custom firmware modify my kernel and the example it's like buying a car and being told do not change anything and I feel like I am being cheated out of the full note 10 + experience  being as that I cant customize root or really do anything with my new phone.

nimbleenigmas
Enthusiast - Level 1

This! I concur with everyone else. This is the main thing that is tempting to me to move away from Verizon to another carrier when it's time to get a new phone. I really enjoy the quality of verizon connectivity and service, but I'm getting to the point where I will bite the bullet, and move to another provider if it means I can have full access to the device I paid good money for. Those of us who are developers and hobbyists would really appreciate it if you'd let us unlock the bootloader. Frankly, I think it would be great publicity for Verizon.

I'm sure Verizon has some clause or policy they can point to, and that's fine. I'm just asking if maybe you'd consider changing this.

Raafi
Enthusiast - Level 2

No response from Verizon?

lyonster89
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nothing heard. 

eknofsky
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon will never respond to a post like this what the answer we want. Their community managers have no ability to change this and can keep hopefully passing on our feedback. However the fact that they actively ignore their customers when we ask questions like this is ridiculous and terrible customer service.

Dnlcrts85
Enthusiast - Level 1

has there been any movement on a possible root for the Note 10+?

Pathum0
Enthusiast - Level 1

I second this notion.

#blm