broken screen ... cant move data to a new phone?
electroman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yesterday, the screen on my phone broke so i went to the Verizon store with the intention of getting my data moved to another phone and buying a,brand new phone, cash in hand.  At the counter they told me there was nothing that could be done.  I said its backed up. They repeated, that without a working screen they cant do anything and they wont fix it.  If this is true what good are back ups?  What kind of service is that?  You cant restore a new phone from a back up?

0 Likes
Re: broken screen ... cant move data to a new phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Electoman1,

Oh no, it saddens us to hear about your damaged phone. We would love a chance to help you restore all your important data.  I know how important these memories are to us. Were your intentions on upgrading because you are now eligible or are you currently on a Device Payment Plan?  Is all your data backed  up on the Verizon Cloud?

Here to help

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: broken screen ... cant move data to a new phone?
Tidbits
Legend

Where did you back up at? If it's on the phone itself then nothing they can do. If it's on the SD card they could do somethings. If it's on Samsung Cloud then you log into toy Samsung account. Also the back up won't always be able to back up certain things due to developer DRM.

0 Likes