can't set up email on Note 4. anyone else having problems with this?
ZWM

Just got the Note 4 today and have been unable to set up an email acct using the email client. Keep getting the msg "Unable to set up acct. Authentication failed." I have used the same settings to set up the acct on other devices. Any help much appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: can't set up email on Note 4. anyone else having problems with this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ZWM,

Congrats on your new Note 4! I know how important it is to have properly working email. Are you able to log into the email client from a Web Browser? Were you able to setup any other email accounts on the device?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ZWM

It's an edu acct and I can log in from a web browser. I've set up other email accts on the phone using apps, but have not been able to set up 2 edu accts using the email client on the phone. The incoming and outgoing settings I'm using work on other devices but on the Note 4, I keep getting the error msg: Unable to set up acct. Authentication failed. Sometimes also the msg: unable to contact server.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ZWM, that's an important clue. "Authentication" confirms that there is an issue with the username or password or their is an issue with the security settings. Is that password case sensitive? Did you recently recieve a software update on that device?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter

0 Likes
ZWM

I've checked the username and pw hundreds of times---definitely those are correct. I got the Note 4 yesterday, and there was a software update as soon as I activated the phone. What kind of issues could there be with the security settings? Can you suggest some fixes for those?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ZWM,

We definitely want to help resolve this for you.  However, the security settings are dependant on how your EDU accounts are set up.  You can of course change them using trial and error and test for successful set up.  Otherwise you may need to reach out to the Network Administrator to confirm settings and compatibility.  Please let us know if we can further assist. Thanks

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ZWM

Given that I can use the same settings to access the edu acct (from a Galaxy S3 as well as from a tablet), the issue is with the Note 4, not the edu acct. The last support rep thought it might have something to do with the recent software update. Is that possible?

0 Likes