doesn't connect to LTE
Amino23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently purchased unlocked Galaxy s10. Used SIM from my previous phone (s6) that had no issues. 

Phone will not connect to LTE, will only work on 3G or wifi. Have attempted working with customer service via chat and ticket was opened. Issue is not resolved and now I am getting conflicting information via Verizon Text messages. One message said issue resolved and linked me to a generic Verizon page saying there was no issue. (Phone still only works on 3G). Received message next day that issue being worked on and I should expect update in 24 hours. 

Original ticket opened 3/2 and was told issue would be resolved in 24 hours. 

Spent hours over chat on 3/2, very inconvenient. Responses took forever from verizon agent. And still no fix. Asked on the afternoon of 3/2 for info and the agent brushed me off asking why was I calling if I had a ticket number. 

Maybe I need new SIM card? I'm just trying to find out any information. I have been a lifetime Verizon customer, but this is really pushing me over the edge to dropping service. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: doesn't connect to LTE
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

You have to decide where the trouble is. Is the cellular signal strong enough. Phone have settings to connect to 3G only. Can SIM cards be 3G 4G. Has the SIM been commissioned to the new phone. Any other phone in the house or neighbor hood connected to 4G LTE. Phone new or used. After trouble shoot and no answer.

Even a new phone can have defect out of the box. Thing about Customer Service Support is, Do we Support that. Or Sell Phones. (Cell Phone)

0 Likes
Amino23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cellular signal is strong and had no issues with connecting to 4G LTE on my old phone with this same SIM card. Partner has 4G LTE.  SIM should be connected to new phone....new phone showed in my account after programming phone with SIM. Phone is new. Customer service did not even suggest trying new SIM. Customer service did not suggest anything. Customer service is not interested in helping and customer service has lost Verizon a customer. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amino23, we know the importance of needing to have your new cell Galaxy S10 up and running with the 4G network that we have to offer. We'd be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family over this. I would recommend to take the device to the local corporate Verizon Wireless store. You can always find the nearest store location by following this linkhttp://bit.ly/3SdsA   KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Amino23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why after hours and hours w/ "customer support" does no one suggest this? Why does it take hours and hours? Why do my concerns just get dropped? Who has time to spend 6 hours a day w/ support. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd be happy to help out in any way we can. Please meet us on Facebook or Twitter anytime so we can take a deeper look into any of the issues you are experiencing. LisaR_VZW

0 Likes