galaxy note 7
CHIRAM67

dear sir:

we purchased galaxy note 7 last month and upgraded our phones subsequently in lieu of Samsung 6. Last week we found out from news reports and tv that galaxy note 7 has lithium power battery issues and were advised to surrender our phones and get the new phones instead. However when we went to Verizon store with our phones, we were told that the new galaxy phones would only come next week and were advised to keep using our present phones with caution not to let it sit for a longer period while charging. This is contrary to the report worldwide Samsung has issued to its consumers to surrender the phones and get another phone in lieu not jeopardizing our lives as a result of any mishap. This was advised by your representative at the Verizon Store, Corporate Blvd, Baton Rouge, La on Saturday 9/10/16.

So my request is whether we continue to use the present phones till the new ones are available or any other course of action you would like to offer.

Thank you,

0 Likes
Re: galaxy note 7
Catacap
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue with the store where I live.  The gentlemen told me to keep using it and that it was only a specific group of phones that where exploding and there where none in the US.  At that time I new he was clueless.  I went home called Verizon and they are sending me a Galaxy 7 edge until the new Note 7 arrive. I would suggest  you forget the store and call in.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chiram67, I am sorry to learn of the miss information you were provided in the store. As you know, on 9/2/16, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Samsung Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7.

Additionally, through 9/30/16, we are waiving the restocking fee for any customers who purchased a Galaxy Note7 and wish to return or exchange it. This can be done at any direct store location http://vz.to/2cFppxY. You can exchange for another device and when the new Note 7 are released from Samsung you can exchange again.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3
0 Likes
COLSMI59
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened at my store in Lafayette, La. I was told that I can only make one exchange and that they don't have any "loaner" phones.

indianafanatic68
Enthusiast - Level 3

How would you tell us to deal with your employees, in your stores, who tell us that they do not offer "loaner" phones, nor will they allow us to exchange our Note 7's for another phone and THEN exchange that phone, without additional cost, for a new Note 7 when they are available again?

Your employees on the front lines are not getting the same message that you are giving us here.