galaxy s8 bluetooth issues after last april 2019 update
sumpter

My Ford sync system will not reconize voice commands after April 2019 update.  I've done master reset in the sync system, cleared bluetooth cache & nothing works.  If I want to use bluetooth for audio I have to delete my phone and set up again.  Didn't have this issue before the update.  Anyone else having issues or suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: galaxy s8 bluetooth issues after last april 2019 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use your device how you need is very important and we want to ensure that this is looked into for you, sumpter.  When you say that this started after the April 2019 update, was this an update on the Samsung S8 or the Ford Sync system.  If the update was for the S8, are you able to check if there are any updates for your Ford Sync system?  You can try rebooting the device into Safe Mode to see if that helps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211218/.  

AdamB_VZW

0 Likes
Re: galaxy s8 bluetooth issues after last april 2019 update
Jessalu06

After searching for a solution across multiple android and Samsung forums, it appears that the issue is directly related to the new Pie system update. Customers with different carriers and android devices are having the same bluetooth connectivity issues. This includes Samsung's newest devices and any other device running the newest software upgrade.... so, what are we supposed to do with our phones?? Driving safety is a huge concern!

0 Likes