Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,030 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
gmail account has been added, but doesn't appear in the gmail app inboxes
orowilbur
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy s6

I got a replacement phone several days ago.  I have 4 gmail accounts.  I have successfully added the 4 accounts, along with 3 yahoo accounts, but only three gmail accounts show up as available in the gmail app inbox selections.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the account multiple times, but it doesn't help.

I then used the default android email app (button with orange envelope) to see if I could add the accounts normally there, and I had no problems.

0 Likes
Re: gmail account has been added, but doesn't appear in the gmail app inboxes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the benefit on adding all email account's you have within your Gmail application, m r. Per Google and their resources, after you sign in with your first account, you can sign in with up to two additional account's from the new account's menu in the upper right-hand corner of Gmail. So, it seems you can only have 3 total within the application itself to move back and forth from. For more information, you can reach out to Google directly by dialing 855-836-3987.

JoeyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
orowilbur
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi JoeyM

"you can sign in with up to two additional account's from the new account's menu in the upper right-hand corner of Gmail"

Is this a new development? Even if it is, something else is happening in my case, because even if I remove all the gmail accounts, and then add the one I'm having the problem with, it does not appear in my gmail app inbox.

I've talked to Google and Samsung.  The closest I've gotten to a cause is when the samsung support person tried to do a "manual" installation of the problem account, but eventually got an error message saying it was denied pop3/imap access, or something to that effect. 

I would like to duplicate that "manual" installation so I could be more specific about the error, but I can't figure out the steps, and neither could the technician when I called samsung back.

Perhaps some here could take through that procedure?

Up until I got the replacement phone, the old phone displayed all the gmail accounts.  Yesterday, I went back to the old phone to see if all the accounts were still on display there, but now it has the same problem.

Also, i noticed when I first add the problem account, it initially shows up momentarily in the inbox, but apparently there is a point during the "sync" period that it automatically disappears from the inbox.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very odd Orowilbur. You should be able to see your Gmail account, and it should not disappear. Are you able to post a picture of what you see on your phone? Please make sure you black out any personal information. Are you able to view your email on a desktop computer? What steps are you taking to add the Gmail account?

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
orowilbur
Enthusiast - Level 2

"This is very odd Orowilbur

Tell me about it

As far as the notion that Google limits the number off accounts is concerned, I just created a new gmail account and added it to my phone accounts. 

It was integrated without a problem, is displayed in my gmail app inbox along with the other 3 accounts that were previously on display, and works properly in all respects.

"Are you able to post a picture of what you see on your phone?"

There is really nothing significant to see.  Just the accounts displayed in the gmail app inbox, as you would see on your own phone, but minus the account that is being "ignored", for lack of a better description, along with the list of all the gmail accounts in the settings, including the one that doesn't show up in the inbox.

BTW, the yahoo accounts I mentioned earlier...they have also appeared in the gmail app inbox from the beginning.

"Are you able to view your email on a desktop computer? What steps are you taking to add the Gmail account?"

The only problem I am having with this particular account is that is does not appear as a selection option along with my other gmail accounts in my gmail app inbox.  Aside from that the account in question performs normally.

I installed it just like the other accounts..."add account", etc.

As I said, i would really appreciate it if someone is familiar with the "manual' installation procedure, so I could get to that point where the error appears, and I could then describe precisely what it says, hopefully leading to a clue about the cause and a workaround/solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Orowilbur, we want to get you the sets that you need. Here are some steps for manual installation.

Add Your Gmail Account to Android Using IMAP
  1. Sign in to Gmail.
  2. Click the gear icon in the upper-right and select Gmail settings at the top of any Gmail page.
  3. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
  4. Select Enable IMAP.
  5. Configure your IMAP client and click Save Changes.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes