has anyone broken their screen by taking off a tumi case
YontTo2

All I did  was  bend  the  case at the top right  corner, and now have a cracked front from the camera about halfway down the phone and across to the speaker. They say not warranty.  I am not happy.

0 Likes
Re: has anyone broken their screen by taking off a tumi case
bobbyjack
Contributor - Level 1

Bummer. I'm not surprised that's not covered under warranty as it is not a defect. This is why I always buy the insurance on my phones. At least it helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yonto2-

I'm sorry to read about what happened when you took off the case on your phone. That's certainly frustrating and I want to make sure that your phone is back in tip top shape again in no time. Do you happen to have insurance on your line?

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
YontTo2

I do have insurance on my line. However, I cannot afford $199 to replace the phone. One CSR I spoke to said the exact thing happened to her grandmother. And I know of several other people this has happened to. How can this not be a defect? Samsung needs to look into it, because not everyone has the money that Asurion charges for a replacement. And I had that chintzy screen protector the salesperson said was the only thing for my phone, and that kept curling up at the edges and was worthless. Again, not a happy camper, and I have 13 lines and have been with Verizon for 16 years ( Alltel then Verizon after Merger)

0 Likes