home phone notice
MayorKen

How do I get my 7 Edge to receive notification when my home phone is called?  Had this notification on the Galaxy 3

0 Likes
Re: home phone notice
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would be a pretty amazing feature, MayorKen. Especially to know when someone is dialing your home phone and you’re not home. This sounds like call forwarding from your home phone to your mobile phone. Can you elaborate more on how this feature worked with your old phone, as we’re unfamiliar with this?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MayorKen

Whenever someone called by landline phone, my cell phone set off a tone and registered the name and number on the notification page.  I could not answer the call but could see who was calling.

Ken [removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mayorken , thank you for clarification.  Was this an app that you were previously using on your old device?

AlbertoR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

were you forwarding calls to the old phone??

0 Likes
MayorKen

Yes ... although I think it was tied to the xfinity connect app ... I'm working with them as well.

Ken

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

At face value on my new phone, I'd expect the same features that were on my old one. I believe you're on the right path MayorKen.

I found this article on how to control notifications for the Xfinity connect app. I hope this is beneficial.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/phone/caller-id-in-xfinity-mobile-app/

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
MayorKen

Thanks for this suggestion ... all notifications were already on and I still don't get the notice.

Ken

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I wish I had more to go on, as I'm unfamiliar with the Xfinity service. The only other part I found involved something called Voice2GO. Here's what that's all about: https://www.xfinity.com/support/phone/activate-voice-2go/

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes