how do i change carriers? i want to take my phone off of the Verizon company and put it on another company. How will i be able to do that?
jokerdaboss

how do i change carriers? i want to take my phone off of the Verizon company and put it on another company. How will i be able to do that?

0 Likes
Re: how do i change carriers? i want to take my phone off of the Verizon company and put it on another company. How will i be able to do that?
Not applicable

you cancel you service with Verizon and start service with another company. Better hope that phone is compatible with this other company.

0 Likes
Re: how do i change carriers? i want to take my phone off of the Verizon company and put it on another company. How will i be able to do that?
jokerdaboss

oh ok.. And what if i found the phone how will i be able to do afterwards?

0 Likes
frommage
Contributor - Level 2

Even tho some of the phones are unlocked, it's mainly for overseas use. The vzw phones aren't used on other carriers.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You simply go to the other carrier, buy a phone and have them port your number over.  You are then no longer a Verizon customer.  (Stay mindful of ETF and phone compatibility)

0 Likes
jokerdaboss

ok but the current Verizon phone that i have now. I found it a couple days ago and i wanted to switch it over to another company

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Any carrier you switch to will not fully support it to include GSM carriers.  Sprint (and it's MNVOs) MIGHT cover 1 band and 1 frequency.  Don't count on much signal with voice or 4G.  Basically, you want to sell that Verizon phone, and buy either a phone from that carrier or find one that is branded by that carrier on a 3rd party site.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You'd have to change APN settings and get that carrier's SIM plus do some other configurations, and still, you won't get full functionality.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

jokerdaboss wrote:

ok but the current Verizon phone that i have now. I found it a couple days ago and i wanted to switch it over to another company

Found it?    If it has been lost, it will be reported and blacklisted.  It will be unusable. 

Not applicable

might also help if the OP told us which model it was.

0 Likes