how to remove old email address from my phone number
shwan

my old old old email address is 'stuck' to my cell phone number. i cannot get into my old email account to take my cell phone number out due to i have not used that email in 10+ years so i can no longer access it to take my ph# out. how can i get it removed?

0 Likes
Re: how to remove old email address from my phone number
bearone21
Legend

your email address is tied to a phone number, i've never heard of that & not using for 10+ years, wouldn't worry about it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shwan-

I definitely want to make sure you're provided with the best solution. May I ask how is your e-mail attached to your mobile number? How is this affecting your device? What make/model phone do you have?

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shwan

CarmenT. i honestly dont know how my old email is attached to my cell phone #. the old email is just annoying when i text myself something from my cell & address it to my gmail. when i go to my gmail it says my old email address has sent me a message. i have android samsung galaxy s7, i believe.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you need to figure out which is your default email, not necessarily what you're using.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shwan, thank you for the information you provided. Removing your old email address form you text messages will be a breeze. We just need to ask a couple of questions. What text messaging application are you using? Native or third party? What does the text message application icon look like?  -JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
shwan

txt message application.. just the the message window on my phone.

native or third party? no idea what those are Smiley Sad

application icon:?

sorry i am definitely not cell phone 'savy'. i just click on the little default message type window, message myself, but address it to my gmail, then my gmail will display my old email address.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s come at this from another angle, shwan. Click on this link and log in to your Gmail account. https://myaccount.google.com/phone
What shows up for you mobile number when logging into your current Gmail? What shows when logging into your old Gmail?

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

When you send a text to your old email address, does it reach your phone?    Does your Message app have any Settings that point to an email address?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
shwan

it comes back, 'address not found'. i didnt see anything in the 'message+' app that is on the phone.

0 Likes