identifying cell numbers that go straight to voicemail
RUSS6261

Is it possible to identify the cell numbers of callers that go straight to voicemail? When I look at my usage or bill, it only shows that I dialed *86 to retrieve my messages. I would to like to know the number of the person leaving the messages. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: identifying cell numbers that go straight to voicemail
bearone21
Legend

blocked numbers

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can check the envelope information to the voicemail.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RUSS6261

Thanks but I don't know what that is or where to find that.

thanks

0 Likes
RUSS6261

I've found out what that is ... I was looking at some older, deleted voicemails. thanks anyway

0 Likes
RUSS6261

to clarify .... I'm trying to monitor my child's phone usage, who has called/texted them. When I look at the usage on verizon wireless or old bills, I see a lot of *86 under the talk section, but can't determine what number/who is making the calls that go straight to voicemail or are deliberately ignored.

Thanks and any suggestions are welcome.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RUSS6261, I undrestand wanting to be able to see which numbers are going to voicemail. There is no way of knowing if the calls were ignored and intentionally sent to voicemail. If a number in the phone is block, then it will be sent to voicemail without the person trying to ignore it. Let's see if we can find out a little bit more for you. What is the make/model of your child's phone?

PriscillaG_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RUSS6261

its a samsung s III mini, an older phone running an old version of android.

thanks

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i've been with verizon since gte days, smartphones since 2010 & there won't be any record of the number left in voicemail.

russ6261:

*86 is to listen to voicemail.

perhaps the child shouldn't have a phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RUSS6261,

Thank you for using our community forum. We know it's always important to understand how your child is using their device. Unfortunately, previously deleted voicemail messages can not be recovered by any means, and there won't be any way to know who left the message once it has been deleted if the phone does not show a missed call. We are sorry. We wish we had better news for you. If this is an ongoing issue, you can use the Verizon Smart Family service to restrict who can call that number and when. You can learn more about this service here: http://vz.to/2AlwDQd We sincerely hope this helps.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes