just got 5.1.1 update
Kev48us
Contributor - Level 1

just woke up and it sayed there was a update made shure it was 5.1.1 and its installing now just wanted to let u all know will post in a few day to see if it helps with any of the problems

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: just got 5.1.1 update
MCPFail
Enthusiast - Level 3

The upgrade just completed and took about 30 minutes. 

Security Patch Level 2015-12-01

Baseband v: N910VVRU2BOK3

Kernel: 3.10.40 dpi@SWHD7323 #1 / Thurs Dec 3 19:27:41 KST 2015

Build: LMY47X.N910VVRU2BOK3

Time will tell.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MCPFail
Enthusiast - Level 3

Me to, in Michigan.  Said "will take 17 minutes to install".  I charged up and letting it rip now.  I was going to update the other thread (the FAIL thread) but it is now locked by an admin.  Kudos to Verizon for not locking it until now though.  I don't know how much space is needed, but I did have somewhere above 10G free.

0 Likes
MCPFail
Enthusiast - Level 3

The upgrade just completed and took about 30 minutes. 

Security Patch Level 2015-12-01

Baseband v: N910VVRU2BOK3

Kernel: 3.10.40 dpi@SWHD7323 #1 / Thurs Dec 3 19:27:41 KST 2015

Build: LMY47X.N910VVRU2BOK3

Time will tell.

0 Likes
SueJT

I got my 5.1.1 update around an hour ago. I could be wrong but already have found my battery life improved!

0 Likes
rforeman

Downloading now.

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

I love how it is time stamped December  3rd 2015.  42 days to push it out. 

I've  noticed a substantial system speed improvement.  I wiped the phone yesterday in preparation of taking this update.    Even from a factory reset it was lagging.... so far in 5.1.1 everything seems as peppy as when it was running kitkat.  I've loaded up many apps and its still going strong.   

Battery, I've lost 27% during the flash... but it even tells you to recharge after the update.    Guess I won't know if this upgrade helped my battery and radio issues until later... does look promising though.

llamee
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update destroyed my battery life.  After a full charge, the phone is telling me only 4 hours left on battery.  I did a factory reset and I can still watch the battery percentage drop.  The battery life was bad before this update, but now it's completely useless.

0 Likes
Hotshoe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, it updated in NC. The original thread will no longer accept comments. Lol.

0 Likes
MCPFail
Enthusiast - Level 3

@llamee see my recommendation on the other thread to get yourself a new battery.  Be sure it is OEM and not counterfeit.

To everyone else, I know this isn't scientific, but normally I'd have lost at least 5-7+% in the last 90 minutes.  However, after an hour I looked at my battery and it still said 100%!  Right now it's at 98% after 90 minutes.  According to the battery meter I can get through the rest of today, and all of tomorrow without a charge.

0 Likes
cchamp77
Contributor - Level 1

update in South Carolina this morning, seem to run a little faster so far!!

0 Likes