message app: emojis?
Pearson200

Until recently, went I wanted to insert a simple emoji (smiley face/heart), I pressed a key on the keyboard---there was a smiley face on the key to indicate this. Now however, that key is gone.

I tried pressing on the smiley face in the text box and got instructions to download emojis, so I did. However, instead of getting the basic emojis, I got all sorts of animated creatures and "fancier" emojis.

1. How do I get back the basic, simpler emojis?

2. How do I uninstall these animated emojis? I could not find a way to do this.

Using the text message app that came with the phone, app version 12.1.20.11

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: message app: emojis?
Pearson200

OK, I found the problem. When the phone updated, it changed my keyboard. I had set my default to Microsoft Swiftkey, and the latest update had changed it to Samsung's keyboard. In the app settings, Swiftkey was still listed as the default but that wasn't what I was experiencing. A restart fixed it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand that these changes can be unexpected. Let's work together and figure this out @Pearson200 I use emojis all the time, and understand how you feel. Usually the applications and the device will get new updates, and it seems like this is what happened. Did you recently perform a software update or an application update?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Perfect! We are glad to see that you figured it our and have the emojis and keyboard you like. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any other questions. We are always here to help. Have a great day!

0 Likes