"Custom" on my boot up screen
qsyfy

I am getting the word "Custom" on my boot up screen.  There is no network avaiable.  How do I get it back to normal?

0 Likes
Re: "Custom" on my boot up screen
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
qsyfy

Samsung Note 3

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

qsyfy-

Let's solve the mistery! When did this issue begin? Have you tried restarting your phone?

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gsyfy - Let's get your Note 3 back to normal. I welcome the opportunity to assist you with your inquiry. I just need a few additional details first. Are you using a Verizon Wireless branded Note 3? Also, has the phone ever been rooted with a customized Operating System? How did you originally obtain that device? Please let us know. I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
qsyfy

Problem started Wednesday morning.

This is a Verizon branding Note 3. I have never tried to root or do anything technical to it. I've tried to reset it several times. When I do there is a open padlock with the word "Custom" on the startup screen. It was in the bed with me while I slept so I guess I rolled over on it.

What's crazy is about 6:10am I sent a text to someone and everything was fine. About 30 minutes later is when I started having the problem.

When I am home the WiFi connnects and I can use Data. But the network is unavailable and I cannot make calls or send texts.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your error similar to this one? https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1440762#1440762

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ROLITA81

I'm getting the same thing on my branded note 3

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You’ve come to the right place to straighten out the startup screen ROLITA81. How long ago did this issue start? Was there any recent updates or apps installed on the phone?

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes