"Samsung find my mobile", using Samsung account does not work on VERIZON
Goinsfamily7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently Verizon doesn't allow us to use our Samsung account to locate, lock, or unlock our devices.  This is the message I get on my Samsung account "Your service provider doesn't support the Find My Mobile service on your phone."  My question is why??  My husband has an iphone, and can use his apple account to do these things, but my samsung S9 and Tab A (8) is unable because it's not supported by Verizon.  I needed to unlock my tablet using the samsung account, but because verizon doesn't support samsung, I lost ALL my data on my tablet because verizon did a force update and somehow my password got changed (this seems to happen a lot because I was certainly not the first to have a 'new to me' password after update.)  This wouldn't have been an issue if Verizon didn't block use of samsung's Find My Mobile and admittedly if I had done a back up before allowing it to update.  So frustrated with Verizon.  Had them for nearly 20 years, but just moved and the signal is awful in our new place.  Looks like a great time to switch providers with this added insult.  

Labels (1)
Re: "Samsung find my mobile", using Samsung account does not work on VERIZON
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As always, our customer's feedback is always appreciated and we'd like nothing better than to assist you with locating your device. Verizon does offer several options to help locate a device (when reported lost, stolen, or misplaced), as long as the device remains powered on and its GPS chip can be tracked by visiting our website to view the options at http://spr.ly/6609HNSAd* There is also information on our website about accessing Samsung's "Find My Mobile" option at http://spr.ly/6601HNSA5. We're here to assist you in any way we can. Please let us know if this helps. -

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
missy36
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support the first link provided http://spr.ly/6609HNSAd* does not work.  The correct link should be http://spr.ly/6609HNSAd. The second link providing details on accessing Samsung's "Find My Mobile" option at  http://spr.ly/6601HNSA5 only works for Android Version 5.0 or less.  Android Version 5.0 was released between 2014-2015.  We are in 2021 in case Verizon has not noticed????  I have Android Version 10 and the only way to get back into my phone two days ago BECAUSE of this version limitation was to do a factory reset.  Absolutely unacceptable for a company that charges way more than it's competitors for what is supposed to be top-tier service.  Time to move on to a new service provider that truly keeps up with technology and is not a slave to Apple.  You all do realize there are three times as many Android users as there are Apple users worldwide, right?

it04
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue with a Verizon purchased phone.  4 years worth of pictures, notes, and other things on the phone.  I am 1 pin failure away from the phone being reset and I have no way to remotely unlock my phone because Verizon is blocking the feature.  This is why I no longer buy devices from Verizon anymore.  They hose the basic functionality of the devices with their bloatware.  I have tried everything, and pretty much just accepting that I will lose it all.

Verizon, if you are going to remove a basic function of the phone that the phone vendor built into their platform, at least replace it with a comparable feature in your bloatware.  Otherwise, don't break our basic functionality.

Thanks

arthuritis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here.  Samsung can find my Galaxy Tab A tablet just fine, but that always lives at home so big deal.  But my Galaxy S9+ is lost and Samsung won't find it; I used Find My Device, which found the phone thanks to Google, but there will be some issues getting access to where it is and it sure would be nice to be able to extend the battery life, which Samsung's app will do.  But Verizon doesn't support this service.  Why in the world?

BARIC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this post is over a year old but I have the same issue and would like to know if anyone had it resolved? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, BARIC. What is the make and model of your Samsung? What happens when using Samsung find my mobile?  -David

0 Likes
stevebutnotsteve
Enthusiast - Level 2

same problem here. Verizon tech support tier 2 says they don't see a problem or obstacle. Samsung support says, "I Apologize, the find my Mobile feature doesn't support the Verizon carrier currently." Samsung Galaxy S10+, SM-G975UZKAVZW.

stevebutnotsteve
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't see evidence in this thread of the issue ever having been resolved. Samsung support, escalated to supervisor today, who said Samsung's release of certain models with Verizon included agreeing to remove Find My Mobile and related support from Verizon models, but not with other carriers. Can you please confirm or dispute that?

stevebutnotsteve
Enthusiast - Level 2

vzwsux.png

0 Likes