"Update Security Settings" to use my work email account
PAMREE97
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get an "Update Security Settings" to use my work email account (not my gmail account).  This account is not new on my phone but this message started popping up yesterday.  If I click on Update, it wants permission to everthing on my phone including deleting all data, locking my phone, and resetting it to factory settings.  What is this?

0 Likes
Re: "Update Security Settings" to use my work email account
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

If this update is for your work account and is an app that you installed on your phone from work I would talk to someone there and ask them if they are getting the same message on their phone. You are right to question this because I would not let any app have permission to delete all data from my phone.

PAMREE97
Enthusiast - Level 2

It wasn't installed as a separate app, it is under the same samsung email

icon as my gmail account. I agree, I don't want to say Yes to this!

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 12:13 PM, kathy65793 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Any security update is important I my self have not gotten this notice but what I would do if you could not find anyone else getting this notice is to get in touch with Samsung either call or check their website to see if anyone there has any info on this. You could start here.....

www.samsung.com/us/support/mobile/phones/galaxy-s

hope this helps if you get an answer to this please let us know in case someone else has the same question

Thanks

PAMREE97
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will do. Thanks!

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 2:53 PM, kathy65793 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PAMREE97, help is here as we always want to see you set up for the best success when it comes to your email accounts, especially when it is work related. Typically, with any work email account, there are updates that will need to be completed but your best option may be to ask your IT admin for your work email to see if this will change any settings. I do hope this helps.

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
julie681

I am having the same problem after having to reinstall my email account. Now I cannot even send an email from my Samsung S 7 unless I activate all those security update permissions that are over the top. Did you get a workaround for those security updates to be able to use your email account on your phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of being able to access your work email account. With regard to the security settings this would have to be completed in order for access to be granted. At this time we do not have a work around for this option and would be required in order for this service option to operate on your device. 

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes