"Wifi Calling" on Note 9 turns from blue to gray when I call someone - Is this normal?
JL666

Hello - I have a Galaxy Note 9, and I have "Wi-Fi Calling" under "Connections" selected (toggle switch is blue.)

I just noticed tonight that whenever I call someone, the "Wi-Fi Calling" option gets grayed out during the call. Then when I hang up, it reverts back to the blue.

If I recall correctly from a call to tech support a few years ago, this is normal. It turns gray because it is telling you that Wi-Fi calling is being used, but it turns back to blue when you hang up, telling you that it's ready for another Wi-Fi call.

Trying to remember if I am I correct on this. Can someone let me know? Easy way to test is for you to turn "Wi-Fi Calling" on (toggle switch blue) and then call a friend, and check if it is grayed out during your call.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "Wifi Calling" on Note 9 turns from blue to gray when I call someone - Is this normal?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JL666, thanks for reaching out to us about this. I totally undestand how you feel and my goal is to make sure the feature is working properly. Yes, it is working as it should. Does this help clear up the details for you?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: "Wifi Calling" on Note 9 turns from blue to gray when I call someone - Is this normal?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JL666, thanks for reaching out to us about this. I totally undestand how you feel and my goal is to make sure the feature is working properly. Yes, it is working as it should. Does this help clear up the details for you?

0 Likes
JL666

Yes, thanks. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's great. Is there anything else we can help us with?

0 Likes