random reboot
phab2

Since the last update, my galaxy s7 now randomly reboots.  What do I do?

0 Likes
Re: random reboot
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you cleared the cache partition from recovery mode? Volume up-power-home held at the same time Then use the volume to go down to clear cache partition use the power button then use volume to say yes.

This will not mess with any of your settings it just clears out all the old files

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's frustrating when your device is not working properly, phab2. Did you install or update any 3rd party apps on the device? Can you confirm the software version on your device? Here's a link to help you check http://vz.to/2dwsDUi , Please respond back so we can continue to work on your device.

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
phab2

Yes I cleared the phone Cache and it still randomly reboots

0 Likes
phab2

yes.  I cleared the cache. I went to the Verizon store and they did a reboot as well.  I still randomly reboots.

0 Likes
phab2

Did you install or update any 3rd party apps on the device? yes from google play store. They were on the phone prior to the android update.

Can you confirm the software version on your device?  Android version 7  build number NRD90M G930VVRU4BQC5

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

try here

sometimes it helps put at this point it would not hurt

Repair Assistant - Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your device is working properly. We do recommend doing a factory reset on your device. However, before you do the factory reset please make sure your content is backed up to the Verizon Cloud or any other backup assistant you use.

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
phab2

phone went crazy rebooting today. Decided I had to do factory reset.  Now......when I try to boot my phone it says "data file corrupt must do factory reset"  but I just did!!  I'm stuck in a loop! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, dear! I'm sorry to hear the factory reset did not go as planned, Phab2. You are not without options, though. When a regular factory reset is not working, the software repair step mentioned earlier is the way to go. You can follow these steps and the program will repair and install the correct software onto your device: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80201/

KarolineD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes