s21 microphone pickup issue
ZE0809

I have an s21 ultra. It is a little over a year old. For the past few months I have been having a problem with the microphone where making phone calls or using other apps like Teams or webex, the people on the other side will say "I can't hear you" or "You sound like you are in a tunnel" or sometimes they just say they cannot uderstand me and hang up. It occurs both on speakwer phone and without using speaker phone. I can't reproduce it on demand but it happens probably 1/4 of the time. I have tried a settings reset with no luck. Yesterday I took it to a "ubreakifix" location and they noticed a small crack on the back case. They replaced the case but said they did all their diagnostics on the microphone and it passed with no issues. Is there some kind of test I can do to understand the problem? Should I do a complete wipe and reset or should I assume it is a hardware issue and just replace the microphone component? Should I forget it and just junk the phone?  The samsung folks at reddit seems to think it is a software or carrier issue but I am skeptical of this.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: s21 microphone pickup issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out here on this platform. We know it is important to have great audio. We can complete basic troubleshooting if that was not done where you took it for repair. Some basic things link making sure the software is up to date and I would suggest a master reset. If those two don't work, we can look into other options.-Dolores

0 Likes