so frustrating! i hate the new software update
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support since the update on the samsung galaxy s5 i have experienced the following problems: phone doesnt hold a full charge for more than 3 hours even when phone is just sitting idle, phone powers down randomly with 10% battery left even when plugged in...had it plugged into my computer and it told me that windows would not support my phonse even though i have it set to just charge. my phone is always hot and running in "cool down" mode even when my phone hasn't been touched for hours. i have tried the master reset and that does nothing. ive only had my phone since december 3rd (ish) of this last year so its not very old. and to have all of these problems is very frustrating!! i have friends who have the droid turbo and have never had this many issues...makes me wish i could switch to that phone and get rid of this one...but i dont want to pay for it.

Re: so frustrating! i hate the new software update
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

and that doesnt even touch any of the other issues ive already explained in past threads

0 Likes
sittingbull
Enthusiast - Level 2

I AGREE, did the latest lollipop update and now I hate my phone.  My battery is draining so quickly!!!  Went to a Verizon Store and they said give it a few days for all the updates to occur.  It's been 6 days and battery is still draining super fast!!!

buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

i havent even been into the verizon store yet...i dont want to go in there cuz all they are going to say is what i already have done. whats the next step if youve already done a reset multiple times?

sittingbull
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told go to best buy, and ask for the Samsung experience shop and

they could do a ODIN FLASH????

On Mar 27, 2015 12:22 PM, "buzzeswoman2008" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

now i might be jinxing myself but my phone has been unplugged since around 9am and its still got 69% battery..where as yesterday after only 4 hours it was dead...so MAYBE the kinks are finally running out...who knows. granted i still have the other issues that i have posted before the battery issue is fixed for now Smiley Happy #wecanonlyhopethatididntjustjinxmyselfandeveryoneelse

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

They (Samsung) will only re-flash to a version 5.0 and that is only being done if the phone has major issues.

0 Likes
Ihateverizon07
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • I've been having this same problem!!! My phone NEVER got hot before!! And now its not holding a charge for long either!! Is this their way to try to FORCE us into buying a new phone like they FORCE us into doing these updates???  Do they have some ulterior motive that's going on?  I don't trust anything about this.
0 Likes
Ihateverizon07
Enthusiast - Level 2

If these updates are as good as they tell us they'll be, then why is everyone having to do a reset???  They're taking away our rights to decide if we even WANT to do the updates!!!!   Another bit of our freedom being slowly taken away from us

0 Likes