where is my 4G?
scheu

Recently, my Samsung GN3 has begun losing 4G LTE more and more regularly.  This morning it dropped to 3G and never came back.  I have spent most of the day researching online and I have not been able to find a solution.  I have tried many of the tricks and settings I've seen on similar posts.  I have pulled the battery & card; I have checked the network type and I've even tried Safe mode.  I just tried to call support but they are now closed.  I am in an area where I have always had 4G (Indiana) and now the phone hasn't said 4G at the top all day.  Even the 3G is going in and out and occasionally it shows 1X or even no service.  It is a SM-N900V.  Software was updated 3 months ago to Android 5.0 (lollipop).  Love the phone.  Not sure if the issue is with the GN3 itself, 3rd party software, my account settings or something stupid I am overlooking.  Any help is appreciated - love the phone.  Thanks, Scheu

0 Likes
Re: where is my 4G?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What's your zip code?

0 Likes
scheu

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It looks like if you live on the outskirts there are a few 4G extended areas, but nothing that would be the cause of your network issues. I suggest you try to have a chat session with Verizon tomorrow, it took me about 30 minutes and just be sure to tell them the things you've already tried. They will still want you to do remove your SIM card while they do something on their end, but hopefully they will start a ticket for you.

It could be that you just need a new SIM card.

Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

Chat is located at the bottom.

0 Likes
scheu

Thx; appreciate your time man.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If they open a ticket and you don't live too far from a Verizon corporate store, I'd just go down and get one anyway. Sometimes a ticket can stay open for days, so might as well, the new SIM is free.

0 Likes