keithmcmahan1987

Does the note 4 do wifi calling

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: wifi calling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry. I can clarify, Kev48us. You can use phone as you would while on WiFi, as you do via Mobile Data. That's what we meant. The option to do WiFi calling, is not available at this time, on any device.

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question keithmcmahan1987. Yes, you can make calls with the Note 4 while on wifi. Wifi capabilities do depend on your wifi connection. Is this for your home wifi services. Are you having issues with your device?

KinquanaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kev48us
Contributor - Level 1

how do u do it because I just tried and dosent work when u turn on airplane mode to test it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry. I can clarify, Kev48us. You can use phone as you would while on WiFi, as you do via Mobile Data. That's what we meant. The option to do WiFi calling, is not available at this time, on any device.

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mujugaba
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can call via Wifi if you get a Google Voice number and use the Google Hangout app. The number shown to the call recipient will be the Google Voice number.

This setup also allows for the sending of SMS and MMS messages to that Google Voice number as well.

https://www.google.com/voice/

0 Likes
Kev48us
Contributor - Level 1

oh ok I thought it was like tmobile wifi call and I use google voice ty

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can also use other apps also. I use whatsapp to call overseas to Australia and if my signal is down, locally as well.

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

This is something I would love to see Verizon get on board and get this done. Because outside my house I get 2 bars 4G and inside I drop calls constantly or get no service. So until they do indeed get wifi calling like other companies who care enough to help their customers out who want it. This is what I have done to seem to have worked. When I am home I put my phone in airplane mode then connect to my wifi. I have an app called talkatone which you can use and sign in with either your google account or facebook account to get another mobile number. I forward my Verizon number to this one each time I am home. This way anyone trying to reach me still can and I will have no dropped calls. Just remember though when going to call out it will show people your talkatone number not your real number. And your text messages will still be received via Verizon  messaging app through wifi. Hope this helps you

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I used to do the same with my Google Voice number.

0 Likes