Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Registering for Community
MsConcerned

Just wanted to ask what is the reason to have one login for my account and another one for Community.  Also, I find it extremely annoying when I'm in the chat the customer service representative, has to verify my account information, if I'm logged in to my account - do you mean to tell me you can't see my account information, additionally I find that often the reps are quite quick to end the chat but it can and has taken the rep up top 10 minutes to answer a simple question.  I was on the chat one evening trying to get information on my Apple watch and the phone number that Verizon was billing me for, the rep took so long I went over to Twitter because surely I had basic questions and the chat was not going in 1 full hour because the rep took so long to reply, when I went to Twitter to get my answers the rep was responding to me on Twitter - but she would not respond in the Verizon chat.  I was annoyed to inth degree.  I have been a customer service rep for Yale, MCI, Merrill Lynch, and others so when it comes to #Customer Service, I clearly understand what it means to make sure the customer's questions are answered and the customer understands the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Registering for Community
danw_vzw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi MsConcerned,

In the Community we have a single sign-on experience so if you have a My Verizon account you can use it to log in. Just click the sign-in drop-down menu on the Community home page and select My Verizon account.

Thanks,

DanW_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Registering for Community
Ann154
Expert
Expert

There could be reasons why to have separate MyVerizon account and a community only ID login for the community. One reason is if you ever switch to another carrier, you will lose access to your community profile connected to your MyVerizon account online.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes