Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Let us change our forum usernames if necessary
User3211
Enthusiast

As you can see, when you visit someone's forum profile, the URLs show that these forums work on a numerical user ID system represents each account. The actual username of somebody is just a sub-value stored somewhere even if the entire account is tied to someone's overall Verizon account. Needless to say, I think it would be possible for people to change their usernames if they wish since we're all Verizon subscribers and pay to converse here. For me, I need a username change for my own personal privacy, but I've been denied it by the Verizon staff here. I find that somewhat unacceptable and for me, unsafe. Not everyone is going to put a lot of thought into a username for these forums, and it would be a useful feature for all of us.

0 Likes
Re: Let us change our forum usernames if necessary
somegirl
Champion

@User321 wrote:

As you can see, when you visit someone's forum profile, the URLs show that these forums work on a numerical user ID system represents each account. The actual username of somebody is just a sub-value stored somewhere even if the entire account is tied to someone's overall Verizon account. Needless to say, I think it would be possible for people to change their usernames if they wish since we're all Verizon subscribers and pay to converse here. For me, I need a username change for my own personal privacy, but I've been denied it by the Verizon staff here. I find that somewhat unacceptable and for me, unsafe. Not everyone is going to put a lot of thought into a username for these forums, and it would be a useful feature for all of us.

Actually, the forums are free and can be used even by non-customers. That's what the community-only ID option is for.

0 Likes
Re: Let us change our forum usernames if necessary
User3211
Enthusiast

@somegirl wrote:

Actually, the forums are free and can be used even by non-customers. That's what the community-only ID option is for.

Even so, username changes should be added to the features on this forum. If they're already possible, someone please show me how...