3D World Cup..Please
xbreed3

I'm very excited to see the World Cup in 3D and hoping it will come to FIOS. I think it's coming to ESPN and DiRECTV so I really hope FIOS will get it too.

Just like you only want to watch sports in HD no, soon you will only want to want to watch sports in 3D. And pay Verizon t do so.

Please! Let me know if you need a beta tester.

Thanks.

Check out the new Nike commercial for the world cup if your not yet psyched about the World Cup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLG6jh23yE&feature=player_embedded

0 Likes
Re: 3D World Cup..Please
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Verizon is working to get ESPN 3D on, but I don't know when it will be. Why, do you have a 3D TV?

0 Likes
Greg26001
Contributor - Level 2

Considering that any 3D channel would use up bandwidth that should go to an actual HD channel that the 99% of customers can watch, I say no to it.  Oh, and it would like cost more money, too.  3D is a gimmick.

prisaz
Legend

@Greg2600 wrote:

Considering that any 3D channel would use up bandwidth that should go to an actual HD channel that the 99% of customers can watch, I say no to it.  Oh, and it would like cost more money, too.  3D is a gimmick.

Perhaps that is the exciting content why Verizon is dropping my West coast premium channels feed. So 1% can watch with funny looking glasses.

0 Likes
xbreed3

I am planning on buying a 3d TV as soon as there is enough sports content to watch. I've seen a demo of it at it's quite impressive.

It may seem like a gimmick now but based on my personal experience and I think there will be a lot of people who will someday only watch sports in 3d much the same way as you would now only watch sports in HD.

HD used to pretty limited as well. Just my opinion.

@matcarl wrote:

Verizon is working to get ESPN 3D on, but I don't know when it will be. Why, do you have a 3D TV?

0 Likes
julesism
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea, I'd prefer to get more HD (FSC HD) first before any 3D...

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I just heard down the grapevine that Verizon is planning on launching a few 3d channels near christmas (to coinside with the big 3d television sales)

0 Likes
LumpyG
Contributor - Level 1

Like others have said: they should worry about carrying FSC, MASN2 and BBC America in HD before they even begin thinking about 3D broadcasts. Satisfy your core base with HD, then start adding 3D programming - would be good to know if it is even going to be around in a few years. After all, 3D movies seem to come and go every 10 years or so - who's to say it won't be the same with TV?

0 Likes
iDiva

Me too I'm hoping and praying the World Cup gets shown on FiOS in 3D. I just ordered my 55" 3D TV to arrive Jun 9.

0 Likes
myj2101

Unfortunately, I do not see Verizon picking up ESPN 3D before the world cup -- they don't think there are enough consumers with 3D TVs to make for a worthy investment.

If my building offered COMCAST or Direct TV, I would pay cancellation fee associated with dropping FIOS and switch over just to experience the World Cup in 3D. There are going to be 25 World Cup games aired in 3D; having to wait another four years to see this event in 3D is disappointing.

There really is no premium to 3D TVs, as it seems the manufacturers are trying to make their profit off the the highly priced 3D glasses. However, buying a pair will only set you back a couple hundred. Like other huge sport events (the Superbowl for example), people find it worth the money to go out and buy a new TV. So, I wouldn't be surprised if an unexpected amount of these 3D TVs are actually sold.

I purchased one after seeing the 3D sports demo on display at my local Best Buy. I was not a believer until I experienced it myself, and trust me, it really makes a huge difference.

0 Likes