ABC BLACKOUT
mstimsonjj

Are Verizon big wigs serious- leaving messages on what should be ABC channel 9 for us to call and demand rates that are fair.. LAST I CHECKED I DIDN'T WORK FOR VERIZON,NOR WAS I ASK TO THE TABLE TO DISCUSS THE TOPIC!!!!! NOW THEY WANT ME TO CALL NEWPORT NEWS??? REALLY ONLY PLACE I WILL BE CALLING IS TIMEWARNER TO INSTALL MY INTERNET, TV AND PHONE.  THE NEXT PHONE CALL IS TO VERIZON TO CANCEL THE SERVICE.. REALLY A MAJOR CHANNEL??????

0 Likes
Re: ABC BLACKOUT
Liverpool11
Enthusiast - Level 2

From what we have been told, Newport offered you the same offer agreed to by every other provider in Syracuse and you wanted a better deal. Really Verizon? You are acting like a spoiled child and should be sent to your room!!!! How about giving you paying customers some details as to WHY the agreement was unacceptable?

From what I know about the retransmission agreements, as much as I dislike Newport Television (owner of WSYR), they have no choice but to offer you the same agreement, because of most favored nation clause (or something like that). In other words, if they offer you a better price, then they have to offer it to the others.

Verizon I am giving you until the end of this month and if you do not settle, it's goodbye and hello Directv!!! I'll keep your internet service (because it is the best), but I'll also drop the landline service too! Wireless phones work great and I do not think I will be alone in dropping two (2) services from your company.

GET THE DEAL DONE!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: ABC BLACKOUT
dman1115
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem in Harrisburg, PA (CBS in this case) between Verizon and Newport Television.  All the other providers in the area came to an agreement, but not Verizon.  So who's the problem child?  Unfortunately, being a CBS station that is currently off the air, it means no NFL playoff games this weekend.  Isn't that going to make the more than 30,000 FiOS subscribers REAL happy!  Sign the contract, Verizon, and get the stations back on the air!

0 Likes