Advice on audio speaker systems
HarryVederci
Enthusiast - Level 3

I need some help from the public on which external systems would work best with the FIOS STB.

Here is a list of my requirements:

1. I would prefer a 5.1 system with wireless sub woofer and rear speakers

2. The audio level must be controlled by the FIOS STB remote

3. Willing to spend up to $1,000.

4. The speaker system has to have it's own amp.

5. The sub woofer should be powerful and with good low frequency response without cabinet buzz nor distortion at higher volume levels.

6. I will settle for a 2.1 system

7.  It will be paired to a Samsung 7 series smart TV.

8. Would it be better to use the optical connector on the STB or the ARC HDMI on the TV?

0 Likes
Re: Advice on audio speaker systems
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@HarryVederci wrote:

I need some help from the public on which external systems would work best with the FIOS STB.

Here is a list of my requirements:

1. I would prefer a 5.1 system with wireless sub woofer and rear speakers

2. The audio level must be controlled by the FIOS STB remote

3. Willing to spend up to $1,000.

4. The speaker system has to have it's own amp.

5. The sub woofer should be powerful and with good low frequency response without cabinet buzz nor distortion at higher volume levels.

6. I will settle for a 2.1 system

7.  It will be paired to a Samsung 7 series smart TV.

8. Would it be better to use the optical connector on the STB or the ARC HDMI on the TV?

First, this really isn't the place to ask this question. Second, you have SO MANY options, from a 5.1 receiver and speakers to a soundbar with subwoofer and surround speakers to just a soundbar with subwoofer the possibilities are too many to mention. You have to consider the space available for the system, the size of the room, how heavy you want to hear or feel bass effects, speaker placement for a 5.1 system vs a soundbar. As far as how to hook that up it also depends on how many devices will be sharing the system. Is it just the Fios box, box and a Bluray player, or more? HDMI ARC works MOST of the time, optical works if you are limiting yourself to 5.1. Do some research once you get the variables down on Google. Remember, more powerful amplifiers will let you playback louder, and larger speakers will generally go louder with less distortion.