After DVR/ Guide update - recordings are deleting themselves in large chunks.
Solarium

After the update, my shows are just clearing out like crazy.  Tonight, I had about 10 episodes of a show recorded (all tonight).  i was watching some of them, then stopped,  the DVR was about 70% full .

Now, I go int here and I have 4 episodes!  6 have been deleted and now I have 38% full.  In the history it says "the program was deleted to make room for another recording".  But there was sufficient space before it deleted 6 1-hour episides.  

This is clearly new behavior.  I've had the DVR for over a year and this started after the update.   Anyone else having this problem?

0 Likes
Re: After DVR/ Guide update - recordings are deleting themselves in large chunks.
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
Re: After DVR/ Guide update - recordings are deleting themselves in large chunks.
CDoug1

I've just experienced a similar event.

I lost a number (a high number) of recorded shows...only two episodes of the office remain.  However, the DVR is saying it's 100% full.

I can't record anything new.

And trying to find help with this issue has been a complete disaster.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Solarium

Just an FYI - 

I got an e-mail saying I have a PM.  The message says that

"Private messages are located at the envelope icon on the upper right-hand side of the community. "

So i'm logged in, and I've been seraching for 10 minutes on how to get the private message.  Uh...there's no envelope icon on the upper right hand side of the community.

Then when I go in to reply to a post, the envelope suddenly appears, as does a "private message" link about the reply message subject field.  

I think that's broken too.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The recording memory pointer is misaligned. Please reboot the box by unplugging the power cord for 1 min. If the problem persists, please send a private message.

0 Likes