After DVR update, STB acting differently.
ts13209
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received an update late the other night while the TV was on. After the update, I noticed the 4 shows I had previously watched before the update and deleted were back in the queue of unviewed shows in the "View Recordings" portion of the DVR menu. And to add to that I had noticed the percentage on how full my DVR is jumped from 47% to 68% without adding any new recordings. Did the update that occured mess something up on my DVR, and did anyone else experience similar results?

0 Likes
Re: After DVR update, STB acting differently.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably an incomplete delete with the old software.   The new software probably found the recordings when it scanned the disk.  Do you have any trouble deleting these items again?

Remember you are talking to PEERS here.  Not Verizon.

0 Likes
ts13209
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I was able to "re-delete" the shows I had previously watched with no further issue. But the second part of my post is another thing I cannot understand. Why did the amount of how full my DVR jump so much? I did not add any other recordings since just before the update and also none after the update took effect. 

It's as if this DVR is tabulating the amount of space used using old data from another DVR I had. A few years back I had an issue with the DVR I was first issued when I got FiOS TV. After talking to Support, they sent me a new DVR to replace the faulty one I had (had the first one a couple of years before issue started.) After hooking up the new DVR I noticed after moving all my content from the old one to the new one , the amount of disc space used was less. I was under the assumption that there may have been a larger disc that is recorded on in the newer unit or somehow the amount of available space was tabulated differently with the newer units. Now it seems as though this replacement DVR is determining space usage on the disc the way the old unit did. As I stated before, this issue occured directly after the last update to the unit, so I'm wondering if something in that update caused this new issue?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you had one of the DVR's with 160GB drives, the ones have been refurbished with 500gb drives.  The newer DVR have 500GB drives as well.  The VMS (Quantum DVR) have 1TB (1000GB) drives.

Moved actual recordings?  Not possible as far as I know.

There have been no reports of changes to the way space is calculated that I have seen.  Remember you are talking to peers here.

0 Likes