Amazon Prime app on Fios
JWA2
Enthusiast - Level 1

2/17/2022 This Prime app just stopped working.  I have seen other posts and it seems to be on Verizon's end. 

Looking into app settings, this app is part of Fios installed apps. It cannot be uninstalled.  Other apps can be opened from within App Settings but nit the Prime app. Never had this problem before. Was happily watching two days ago. Re-booted router. No help. What can be done?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Amazon Prime app on Fios
JWA2
Enthusiast - Level 1

A helpful Fios rep suggested turning TV off and waiting a bit, then turn back on.  Seems the apps that come with the Samsung tv, such as Prime app,  can have loading issues. It worked!

View solution in original post

JWA2
Enthusiast - Level 1

A helpful Fios rep suggested turning TV off and waiting a bit, then turn back on.  Seems the apps that come with the Samsung tv, such as Prime app,  can have loading issues. It worked!

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could you investigate a little further what could be causing the issue? Just to help other customers.

G214
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded my fios service with new router and boxes.  My Amazon Prime is not accessible any longer.  Unless I am not looking for it in the correct place.  Netflix is ok but no Prime.

0 Likes
G214
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue with Amazon Prime access. It looks like no one responded to this issue.

0 Likes
G214
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did anyone at Verizon respond to this issue?

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@G214 wrote:

Did anyone at Verizon respond to this issue?

If you have the original 4100 series boxes, you could try a factory reset of your box, but remember you will loose ALL your settings and saved videos.

To factory reset your Fios TV One device:

1. Unplug the Fios TV One box from power.
  2. Unpair the Fios remote by pressing and holding the play/pause button and the zero (0) button until the LED on the remote begins flashing blue.
  3. Allow the LED to keep flashing until it turns red.
  4. Once this happens, plug the box back into power and press the menu button on the remote while pointing it at the cable box.
  5. Wait for the LED on the box to turn green. Once this happens, press the zero (0) key on your remote and press ‘OK’. 
  6. After a few seconds, your Fios TV One box will reset itself to its factory defaults.