Antenna TV
rferra457
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see that WGN is adding a channel called Antenna to the local CW digital network here in New York. I was just wondering if this channel will be added in the near future.

0 Likes
Re: Antenna TV
Stevef3NJ
Contributor - Level 1

I agree.  Please add Antenna TV in the NYC area.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I just received a notice on my STB that it would be added. On or after Jan. 4, 2010 Antenna will be added as channel 482. There are also a couple of other local channels being removed on Dec 31. I believe they mean 2011.

Here for VHO 4 it shows in the online guide already as an Ultimate option. 482 is currently a foreign language channel that is also being removed on Dec. 31. (Today)

482Antenna TV [WDCW]
All Plans
0 Likes
HRW1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've already asked for Antenna TV for Los Angeles in another thread, but I'll ask for it here, too.

A squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Thanks!

0 Likes
mjpm
Enthusiast - Level 1

We need Antenna TV in Boston too!

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@prisaz wrote:

I just received a notice on my STB that it would be added. On or after Jan. 4, 2010 Antenna will be added as channel 482. There are also a couple of other local channels being removed on Dec 31. I believe they mean 2011.

Here for VHO 4 it shows in the online guide already as an Ultimate option. 482 is currently a foreign language channel that is also being removed on Dec. 31. (Today)

482Antenna TV [WDCW]
All Plans

Antenna TV is live in VHO4 Maryland / Washington Metro Area. This.com was broadcasting content on the channel this morning. Antenna TV and This one and the same?

0 Likes
HRW1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope.

Two different networks.

0 Likes
HRW1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Funny but right now we're getting This TV programming from KTLA 5.3 but the Antenna TV program guide from KTLA 5.2. 

This makes it difficult (try impossible) to set a DVR.

0 Likes
Greg26001
Contributor - Level 2

Antenna TV personnel are currently working with their affiliates to get the sub-channel on FIOS in those markets.  Since Antenna and most of its affiliates are owned by Tribune, these are really the same people.  Unfortunately, getting a channel added to FIOS is like building a skyscraper.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

There are two channel mix ups, and they are aware of the issue.

0 Likes