Apple TV Box Doesn't Work
charlieX

Since installing Fios, my Apple TV box doesn’t work at all whether I use the mobile app or the home theater remote. Has Fios stopped ALL support for Apple tv

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Apple TV Box Doesn't Work
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

FIOS App never supported Apple TV.

It was designed for mobile devices (tablets and phones).

Not sure if it is not wanting to give up STB revenue (which some believe) or contracts they have with content providers.
Could be some of both.

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The remote function doesn’t work? Or you can’t load any apps? It sounds like it was never connected to the wifi. 

jonjones1
Legend

@Lovefios1 wrote:

Since installing Fios, my Apple TV box doesn’t work at all whether I use the mobile app or the home theater remote. Has Fios stopped ALL support for Apple tv

Apple tv works with fios via wifi connection or hard wired connection. After you set the network up in the Apple settings you find your network and connect to it.

or you can plug a ethernet cable into the back of appletv and other end to your fios router.

i don’t believe you have access to fios tv through a appletv. I use ours for hulu and other streaming apps. 

If you are in doubt you could call apple support and they might have a solution or better answer.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

FIOS App never supported Apple TV.

It was designed for mobile devices (tablets and phones).

Not sure if it is not wanting to give up STB revenue (which some believe) or contracts they have with content providers.
Could be some of both.