BBC America - HD
cdmann

BBC America is starting to step up the quality of it's programming and I seem to be watching it more and more. Is there any information on BBC America HD being offered anytime soon? It would be a great addition to the HD lineup!

0 Likes
Re: BBC America - HD
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey we sorry but we don't have any information on when we will be getting BBC in HD.

0 Likes
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

Ron..VZ Guy...

GOOD ANSWER.  😕

To all the customers, CHURN, CHURN, CHURN.....

There is a reason, CHURN, CHURN, CHURN...

And a time for every reason, under heaven........

You guys REALLY have to answer with some kind of a timetable for new channels.  This is really getting to be a joke.

I love your service, phone, internet, but YOU REALLY NEED TO GET A CLUE HOW TO TALK TO CUSTOMERS!

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@philhu wrote:

I love your service, phone, internet, but YOU REALLY NEED TO GET A CLUE HOW TO TALK TO CUSTOMERS!

Not going to happen.

read my reply to this post  http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/Future-of-FIOS-TV-Time-to-switch-back-to-satellite/...

boils down to...Verizon is not and will not put out any of their future plans, ideas, or upgrades to the public until they release it.

0 Likes
julesism
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just came from Dish Network where BBC America HD is available. I'm disappointed BBC America HD is not available on FIOS TV. Hopefully we'll see it soon.

0 Likes
cdmann

Philhu I totally agree. As customers we are expected to simply accept what we are offered and be happy with it. I was not surprised by that response and when my 1 year contract expires I may be heading back to Directv for several reasons.... but that's another story.  

0 Likes
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon is running with a bit of blinders on.

When they see churn rates going up, their answer internally is 'Well it is only a few customers', we'll be fine.

My company did that for 5 years and CLOSED when they realized they lost all their  big customers and the small ones hated them.

Verizon needs to realize that if they have the attitude for the customer to conform to Verizon's needs as opposed to Verizon conforming to the customers needs, they will lose them.

I consider myself a bigger home customer, at $192 a month  (TV/Essentials, internet and phone).  You start losing these, a few start to really add up.  This is RECURRING revenue, which costs alot of time to nurture and setup and shouldn't take alot of time to keep, but if you don't communicate, you will lose them.

I am also seriously thinking of leaving when my contract expires in September, and it is too bad because I LOVE FIOS!

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

The problem is that Verizons customer base for FIOS keeps increasing, not shrinking. So as long as the revenue keeps going toward the positive and they gain more customers than they loose, they will not change.

So far the only thing that they've changed is that the growth is not as high as they hoped for, so they slowed down the expansion of fios and are focusing on re-inforcing their current base. But so long as the profit goes up and not down, it is unlikely that they will pay much attention.

0 Likes
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

Don't expect much of anything new until later in the Summer when channel capacity will be available.

0 Likes
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

>Don't expect much of anything new until later in the Summer when channel capacity will be available

Thats fine!  BUT TELL US!  Without ANY kind of announcement, even one "We need to wait until end of summer, but then WATCH OUT!" or something like that.  Right now, it really looks like they don't care and are being very arrogant.