BTN not streaming
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

I have swapped out my FiOS set top boxes for Roku adapters.  

I currently subscribe to FiOS' "custom sports & news" channel lineup (which includes BTN).  however, when I attempt to stream BTN live via the Fox Sports or Fox Now apps (after signing in and activating my Roku device), I get an error message saying that my provider does not allow to view this content.  However, the other Fox channels stream just fine (FS1, FX, FS2, etc)

Fox is claiming that FiOS is to blame (one person even went to so far to claim that there is a dispute right now).  When I contacted FiOS, they said to contact Fox.  I've read elsewhere that others are having similar issues.

can someone from Verizon please assist?  thanks!

0 Likes
Unable to stream BTN on new Fox Sports app
ykw2

I'm unable to stream BTN (Big Ten Network) on the new Fox Sports app -- I get the message "Unavailable with your TV package".   Formerly I was able to stream BTN when it had it's own app.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to stream BTN on new Fox Sports app
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

same here.  I'm told it's a FIOS issue.  I've tried calling twice, but FIOS claims it's up to FOX.  FOX claims its up to FIOS.

0 Likes
Re: BTN not streaming
colnagomxl

Same issue here. Clearly a fios issue and typical of their service lately. I’m about ready to switch my subscription back to Comcast 

0 Likes
kmyers2

Have had the same issue here too.  In the past when I’ve have trouble with streaming channels, it’s been Verizon or as they claim the third party they use.   My money is on that it’s a Verizon issue.  

0 Likes
Psu_fan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've noticed this problem for over a year and have been contacting Verizon and foxsports app over that entire time.  Verizon will lose my business over this.  I pay too much money to not get the entertainment that I pay for.

Fox Sport Streaming App BTN
roberto188
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently BTN was bought by Fox Sports. Now, BTN will be streamed on the Fox Sports app. The problem is, when I sign into my Fios account on the Fox Sports app either in my web browser, Roku or android phone, it says that I don't have a subscription to BTN, despite the fact that I have Extreme HD package and I can watch BTN on my TV. I can stream FS1 and FS2, but when I try to stream BTN, it says i'm not subscribed. I spoke to the Fox Sport App technical people and they said it's an error in reporting to them what channels I'm subscribed to. Please fix this so I can stream the BTN station that I'm paying for. Thanks!