Bad Customer Service
verizsuk

Verizon has the worst customer service i have had to use.  I was told to wait till midnight and my internet connection (wich they said was mistakenly changed) would be restored.  I was to call after midnight if it was not.  After waiting on the phone for 1 1/2 hours i went to bed.  I got up early to pend another 1 3/4 hours on hold.  Hung up the phone and got thru.  They most put everyone on hold for the night even though they tell you to call.  They are just thinking that people like lesting to their music.  It so relaxing being on hold.  The operator that i fianally got a hold of told me i had to wait till 9 till the office was open.  More time on hold.  She did call me back to say  sorry it kwas thier mistake and the would fix it in a week,. She then passed me to a supervisor who promised to call back.  Again saying they someone there messed up the order.  The next call was they could not fix thier crew up sorry i had to deal with it.  I ask for a superviso and was put on hold for an hour until i had to hang up.

That is how Verizon deals with teir customers, screws them and them kputs them on hold.  They must have a good laughf seeing how long a person stays on hold.j

0 Likes
Re: Bad Customer Service
JenniferL2

I WAS TOLD that I couldn't switch over my mother's account to her name.  SHe is 93 and I put it in my name - now - I need to get my name off and cannot without doing it over the phone.  The first person hung up on me.. I contacted on line chat - they were rude and told me they couldn't help.  But verizon excepts payment on line.  But I cannot switch a name on a account back to what it was.  Now I am on hold - this is the worst service every.  Back to Optimum - I do not have the time nore patience to do this.   The "all customer service people are busy - you will hear music until someone answers"  well - here I still am.  At work this would cost them over $100 an hour.  I ve never had such bad service.  I pay on time on line - and one issue I get hassles.  Why have on line help.  Why have a website?  This is going to take forever.. Then they have to call my 93 rd old mother to confirm.. She won't have a clue.   They also layed a guy off who took vacation time to help needed kids go to camp.  I hate them and I am over this.   {word filter avoidance}**bleep** who run jobs poorly.  If I find out that jobs were outsourced to another country - I will lose it and terminate all service....

0 Likes
JenniferL2

verizon doesn't even allow us to write kudos to people who posted bad comments - shame on them

0 Likes
JenniferL2

25 minutes and still waiting for customer service person.   un real....

This is absolutely pathetic.  Who does business this way?  No big storms within the US - so what's the deal... ???  This is nuts.. Should I try at 4 am.. Let's see how long that takes.. Stay tuned... Normal people have to work and do things... 25 minutes is crazy

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@JenniferL wrote:

I WAS TOLD that I couldn't switch over my mother's account to her name.  SHe is 93 and I put it in my name - now - I need to get my name off and cannot without doing it over the phone.  The first person hung up on me.. I contacted on line chat - they were rude and told me they couldn't help.  But verizon excepts payment on line.  But I cannot switch a name on a account back to what it was.  Now I am on hold - this is the worst service every.  Back to Optimum - I do not have the time nore patience to do this.   The "all customer service people are busy - you will hear music until someone answers"  well - here I still am.  At work this would cost them over $100 an hour.  I ve never had such bad service.  I pay on time on line - and one issue I get hassles.  Why have on line help.  Why have a website?  This is going to take forever.. Then they have to call my 93 rd old mother to confirm.. She won't have a clue.   They also layed a guy off who took vacation time to help needed kids go to camp.  I hate them and I am over this.   {word filter avoidance}**bleep** who run jobs poorly.  If I find out that jobs were outsourced to another country - I will lose it and terminate all service....

Sorry to hear you're quite upset...

A few things:

1) The Verizon service is currently under your name. This means when the order was created for the services, the credit check was run under your name and SSN.

Now you're looking to have this service transferred to your 93-year old mother's name.  This means that the change of ownership would require subsequent verification and permission to have it changed over to the other party.  This is a normal procedure, hence the company (any company) would want to speak with your mother and obtain her authorization, especially if a credit check for her name/SSN needs to be run/obtained for this situation.   Also, if there is some sort of change of ownership, the services might have to be placed out of service for a few hours for the switchover to take effect.

Now, if you're just looking to have your Mom be added as a secondary billing party/responsible party who has authority to make decisions about the account, then this might be simpler, but it is sounding like you are wanting to have your Mom become the responsible billing party solely here, which does indeed require her authorization.  

This makes me wonder in the future if we get old whether my future progeny would just want pass on bills to me.. I sure hope I am contacted for consent if anyone in my family ever attempts this type of scenario. 😉 

2) If you are having trouble getting through to customer service, try calling a local store in your area to see if they can help.

For a list of local stores:

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/tv/fiostv/General+Support/Account+Issues/QuestionsOne/8...

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@verizsuk wrote:

Verizon has the worst customer service i have had to use.  I was told to wait till midnight and my internet connection (wich they said was mistakenly changed) would be restored.  I was to call after midnight if it was not.  After waiting on the phone for 1 1/2 hours i went to bed.  I got up early to pend another 1 3/4 hours on hold.  Hung up the phone and got thru.  They most put everyone on hold for the night even though they tell you to call.  They are just thinking that people like lesting to their music.  It so relaxing being on hold.  The operator that i fianally got a hold of told me i had to wait till 9 till the office was open.  More time on hold.  She did call me back to say  sorry it kwas thier mistake and the would fix it in a week,. She then passed me to a supervisor who promised to call back.  Again saying they someone there messed up the order.  The next call was they could not fix thier crew up sorry i had to deal with it.  I ask for a superviso and was put on hold for an hour until i had to hang up.

That is how Verizon deals with teir customers, screws them and them kputs them on hold.  They must have a good laughf seeing how long a person stays on hold.j

Sorry to hear you're having issues...

Just a few things that seem out of sorts:

1) If your internet is down, try contacting Verizon Technical Support via 1-888-553-1555.  If you have been on hold for more than 30 minutes, I would call back, sometimes it is timing.  The worst hold time I have heard was during Hurricane Sandy.

By the way, no company would be cruel enough to relish the thought of having customers on hold.

If you get through to a Tech Support Representative, they would try to troubleshoot the issue (if it's the router or ONT, your PC's settings, etc.).  If they cannot resolve the issue technically and if it could be the company's fault, they can send a repair tech to the home.

2) If your internet service was not working due to some sort of issue relating to an order that needs to be created, cancelled, or updated, then any customer service representative can try to resolve this or explain to you what the problem is exactly as to why they cannot fix the order.

Both Verizon Customer Service and Technical Support Depts are open 24 hrs, 7 days a week.

I find it strange that you're being told it would take a week to get your internet restored.

It is also odd that both of these departments are telling you to call an office which opens at 9AM.  This sounds like there is a matter you need to resolve specifically with another department to get the service back.

Either way, if you have not had a resolution within two days, I'd call a local store, ask to speak to a Manager there and have the issue escalated.

When you get your internet back and if this is Verizon's fault (and definitely not something that might have been a delay caused by a financial-related matter) try contacting customer service to get a credit for the time (number of days) you didn't have an internet connection.

0 Likes