Beware of complimentary HBO to get you to revew your contract
sel5
Enthusiast - Level 2

One of the incentives to renew our contract was free HBO for at least a year. Something told me that would not happen, especially after reading that it was not in our agreement.  I called back to make sure and was told by another rep that it was true, HBO free for at least a year.   It did not happen.   Reported the drop to a Verizon Advocate. She apologized and said they shouldn't have told me that.  She also said that she could not reinstate it.  Of course, she said I could pay for a subscription.  Apparently, the free HBO was just a shady tactic to get me to sign a new contract.

0 Likes
Re: Beware of complimentary HBO to get you to revew your contract
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sel5,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes