Black bands on top and bottom of old-style cathode ray tube TV (non-flat scteen)
Joel-22

I have two "old-fashioned" CRT type TV's.  They worked fine with Comcast.  When my new FIOS cable boxes were hooked up, the TV pictures on both units had a black band at the top and bottom of the picture.  Also the picture appeared too big at the left and right sides and a part of the picture was lost on each edge.

Verizon Tech Service had me cycle thru all the settings on the "Video options' cable box control settings (i.e. - 720p - SD, 720i - SD, etc.) but nothing changed this.  I am watching SD channels on a SD TV, so I'm puzzled.  Any good ideas out there?

0 Likes
Re: Black bands on top and bottom of old-style cathode ray tube TV (non-flat scteen)
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please provide more information so someone can help you.
DO NOT INCLUDE PRIVATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION

Equipment Model Nos. ?
TV
Set Top Box

0 Likes
Re: Black bands on top and bottom of old-style cathode ray tube TV (non-flat scteen)
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some SD channels are provided that way.  I.e. the material is designed for wide screen Tv's.   And some may only be provided to Verizon as HD signals that they downscale to SD.   Some of the STB's allow you to change the aspect using the aspect (#) key, but not sure that works on SD outputs.

0 Likes