Burning DVD's to Media Manager
marcndannie

I wanted to know if I can burn my DVD's (movies) and load to media manager to watch on Fios?

0 Likes
Re: Burning DVD's to Media Manager
prisaz
Legend

@marcndannie wrote:

I wanted to know if I can burn my DVD's (movies) and load to media manager to watch on Fios?

Do you mean rip/duplicate your purchased DVDs to a format to use with media manager? If so, I believe the answer is no. Duplicating most of the commercially purchased DVD content is a violation of copy write laws. There is a lot of software that will allow this to be done, but it does not make it legal.

I have found software that will play the VOB files, but have not found any that will support the indexing of the VIDEO_TS.IFO. I do not believe that Media Manager will support the file formats. I believe you can rename the VOB extension and they may play, but due to the legality of it, I did not pursue the issue.

I wish they were as easy to manage as MP3s and regular Audio files since you did purchase the right to view them. Thank bootleggers and  Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA). Even flex view has some sort of copy protection. I have not purchased any or looked into it. I would prefer to have a DVD in my hand. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPAA

Some DVD do have a digital versions that can be played on smald portables, but usually in a smaller screen size and reduced resolution. This is due to file space limitations on many portables.

0 Likes