Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
CNN channel
Somebodyelse1
Enthusiast

I am a new subscriber to Verizon triple play. I have 4 tvs. 3 have dvr or box. One is connected to the fios cable without box or dvr. This one receives about 40+ channels including some like France 24,but there doesn't seem to be a CNN channel. Is that possible, that basic Verizon does not include CNN?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: CNN channel
Somebodyelse1
Enthusiast

Ah, that's too bad. Both CNN channels were available with a similar direct wall connection on Cox so I thought it would be the same here. Too bad.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Brennoko
Contributor

Connecting a TV directly to the Verizon service provides you with the local channels available in your area. On a TV that does have a Fios STB or DVR these channels would be found between 1 and 49. CNN is not a local channel and would not be available without a STB or a DVR.

0 Likes
Somebodyelse1
Enthusiast

Ah, that's too bad. Both CNN channels were available with a similar direct wall connection on Cox so I thought it would be the same here. Too bad.

Thanks.

0 Likes
tns2
Super User
Super User

All the channels are "available" on your set, but channels such as CNN will be encrypted.  Highly unlikely your TV will accept a Verizon Cable card, but if it does you would be able to receive all your channels.  For now Verizon continues to support the older mandate that locals be unencrypted.  A couple other things like the Weather channel are also not encrypted.

Cleora

What is going on what channel is the women march on?

0 Likes
Cleora

I don't understand,  i was abled to view CNN a few days ago.

0 Likes
Cleora

Thank you.  Are you from Verizon ?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes