CONNECTING MY LG 42LV5500 TO VERIZON ROUTER WIRELESS NETWORK: CAN'T GET IN GATEWAY.
KARAOKEJUNKIE
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been trying to connect my LG Smart TV 42LV5500, which has a great picture, using their USB DONGLE. It recognizes the Verizon router and the security code. But when trying to connect to the network it stops at “gateway Address is wrong or not available. 

The LG support used these numbers for manual connection settings:

IP Address      192.168.1.12 or .50

Subnet Mask   255.255.255.0

Gateway          192.168.1.1

DNS server      208.67.222.222

Their “automatic” connection did no good also.That"s when he bounced me to verizon, who in turn bounced me back to LG.

I also tried for the DNS 4.2.2.1 or 4.2.2.2, none working. Connection setting is DHCP. Then I tried via “Enable WLAN Connection Settings” at SSID properties. Then I went to the Router website and they have different sets of IP and server numbers. One set at (LAN) DEVICE INFORMATION for the router, and another at (WLAN) ROUTER STATUS. Now I am confused, as it shouldn’t be that hard.

I am trying to enroll in WIFI using the Verizon Home Agent, and seeing if that helps, but the site will not work at present FOR SEVERAL DAYS. The router does not have a WPS button or I would try that method. 

Or do I need to enter the Router website again and make some changes that will allow the LG TV to get through the Gateway connection? Is it a Fios firewall enigma?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: CONNECTING MY LG 42LV5500 TO VERIZON ROUTER WIRELESS NETWORK: CAN'T GET IN GATEWAY.
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

As I suggested on your previous post you may want to switch to WPA instead of WEP.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: CONNECTING MY LG 42LV5500 TO VERIZON ROUTER WIRELESS NETWORK: CAN'T GET IN GATEWAY.
Contributor - Level 1

Have you tried using 192.168.1.1 as the DNS server?  Also, 192.168.1.12 or 192.168.1.50 does not conflict with anything else on your network?

0 Likes
KARAOKEJUNKIE
Enthusiast - Level 2

NO I HAVEN'T, BUT I WILL. I JUST CONNECTED AN ETHERNET WIRE FROM TV TO ROUTER TO DOWNLOAD LATEST SOFTWARE, SO IF ANY SUGGESTIONS DON'T WORK I'LL STAY WIRED. THANK YOU.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

As I suggested on your previous post you may want to switch to WPA instead of WEP.

0 Likes
KARAOKEJUNKIE
Enthusiast - Level 2

ACTUALLY, THE NUMBERS I USED WERE CORRECT. WHAT SOLVED IT WAS SWITCHING THE SECURITY LEVEL FROM WEP TO WPA, AND THEN WHEN I ENTERED THE NEW SSID USING THE LG DONGLE IT WENT RIGHT THROUGH. THANKS AGAIN FOR READING MY POST.

0 Likes
jlo363

Kinda funny, cause I just purchased the LG 55LW5600 and also can't connect it to the internet. It keeps coming up Failed after putting the correct SSID and WEP numbers." IT IS FUSTRATING"

0 Likes
FONEDOODISH

WoW I tried all of the solutions posted to no avail,  but I just solved all my connectivity issues by Simply -Resetting my FiOS router (push in RED reset button 10-30 seconds the release)    Router will then re-set itself back to Default /Initial settings- after that was completed I went to my LG tv Network connections ,and when it brought me to set-up screen , I checked Auto IP adress and Auto DNS address and  like magic  I got all a Auto Connection , also couldnt beleive it so I did another Test of the Network (it  shows you and checks off each connection along the way )  This 100% was the problem and Quick Fix  after hours of researching and calling LG (out-sourced No help)    If I could figure this out, then, anybody can  --very simple !! and yes I had All of the same problems as describrd before     .....

0 Likes