Cable boxes (wIred - IPC1100) slow response to remote control.
Joeflaherty1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Noticing a long lag between pushing button on remote control and the cable box responding more often. Can see the red light on box blink that it received the command, but takes 5+ seconds for numbers to come up on screen to change channels. 

Also when it displays the “More Like This” section on items played from dvr will take 10+ to load screen. 

Anyone else have this happen/fixed this issue?

New ONT Dec 2021, Gigabit connection, Newest router Dec 2021. 

Happened before and after mew installation. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cable boxes (wIred - IPC1100) slow response to remote control.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I find that you have to reboot the stbs every few weeks.

They tend to speed up after the reboot.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I find that you have to reboot the stbs every few weeks.

They tend to speed up after the reboot.

Eesamp

I’ve only had my new boxes for one week. All are slow and have been since day one. Rebooting had no effect.  Having the Guide use the favorites as others suggested makes no difference. 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Eesamp wrote:

I’ve only had my new boxes for one week. All are slow and have been since day one. Rebooting had no effect.  Having the Guide use the favorites as others suggested makes no difference. 

The IPC 1100 boxes are older tech. They were essentially replaced by the 4100 series which has more internal memory, and a faster processor. When the guide was overhauled it was with the 4100 in mind. You wouldn't find the newer boxes slow to respond with the new guide.

0 Likes
lberry27

We were forced to upgrade our 3 STB.  Extremely slow and user hostile.  Re-booted as suggested but no improvement.   Last Channel is really slow....faster to remember your last channel and plug it in.  Does Verizon ever test anything before they roll it out ?   Not a fan of Comcast but what we have is so bad we might have to leave Verizon.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@lberry27 wrote:

We were forced to upgrade our 3 STB.  Extremely slow and user hostile.  Re-booted as suggested but no improvement.   Last Channel is really slow....faster to remember your last channel and plug it in.  Does Verizon ever test anything before they roll it out ?   Not a fan of Comcast but what we have is so bad we might have to leave Verizon.

What boxes did you upgrade to and which router do you have? None of the up-to-date boxes can be sais to be slow by any means. Have you tried powercycling the boxes and router? Unplug power to the boxes and the router. Plug the router in first, then when it is stable plug in the boxes one at a time. That may help.

0 Likes